Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
Report player - no influence on rep
01-30-2014, 10:34 PM
Report player - no influence on rep
The report a player has been used in the game as a means of 'punishing' other players for not doing what other people want them to do.

Especially high level players with poor skill sets seem to have a larger tendency to doing this.
This gives me a very strange idea that the report player button is actually an abuse button. As it can factually make people unable to communicate any longer, and people can easily create new accounts for that sole purpose.

My suggestion to the creator of the game: Remove the report button if you are not going to do anything with it. Rep should not be taken into consideration as well unless you make it a fair thing.
Thanks.

RPNexplorer.
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
01-30-2014, 11:06 PM
RE: Report player - no influence on rep
(01-30-2014 10:34 PM)RPNexplorer Wrote:  The report a player has been used in the game as a means of 'punishing' other players for not doing what other people want them to do.

Especially high level players with poor skill sets seem to have a larger tendency to doing this.
This gives me a very strange idea that the report player button is actually an abuse button. As it can factually make people unable to communicate any longer, and people can easily create new accounts for that sole purpose.

My suggestion to the creator of the game: Remove the report button if you are not going to do anything with it. Rep should not be taken into consideration as well unless you make it a fair thing.
Thanks.

RPNexplorer.
Well... actually.. nah, Im agree with you.

[Image: Rt0F8O4.gif]
01-31-2014, 12:02 AM
Well it doesn't matter much to me because personally have never reported or been reported.
So at the moment i don't have a problem with it but apparently other people do so it really doesn't make a difference to me.
01-31-2014, 12:08 AM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2014 12:10 AM by SenSei.)
rather than removing it should be improve current function is to disable chat facility of other player so he will not do verbal abuse & it works some ppl abuse it but they are very few no one reports unless you are doing something wrong.
my dreamy idea is it should take screenshot of chat & automatically send to report center via email,their should be 1 mod or 2 available they will check & take action accordingly.Smiley_XD

01-31-2014, 12:12 AM
I agree with senei . Im waiting it will be improved. Noobs will stop reporting in 1v1

[Image: 2r7y0eu.jpg] [Image: 6dsa68.png]NOW ON CLASH OF CLANS! User: Regder - clan: Caos Land max th8+ only, clan war
01-31-2014, 08:04 AM
(01-31-2014 12:08 AM)SenSei Wrote:  rather than removing it should be improve current function is to disable chat facility of other player so he will not do verbal abuse & it works some ppl abuse it but they are very few no one reports unless you are doing something wrong.
my dreamy idea is it should take screenshot of chat & automatically send to report center via email,their should be 1 mod or 2 available they will check & take action accordingly.Smiley_XD

I doubt that either one of the three developers feels like being the nanny here. If you have a report button which can be used so easily, you are very likely to be spammed with hundreds of false reports from players feeling their game not to be working to people not reacting like they want them to (guests, noobs and the like or vice versa high levels being not so nice).

Nah, i think mute button alone for individual players would suffice. Reporting others is completely useless and will be massively abused anyways.
01-31-2014, 08:11 AM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2014 08:13 AM by Crocovip88.)
(01-31-2014 08:04 AM)RPNexplorer Wrote:  
(01-31-2014 12:08 AM)SenSei Wrote:  rather than removing it should be improve current function is to disable chat facility of other player so he will not do verbal abuse & it works some ppl abuse it but they are very few no one reports unless you are doing something wrong.

I doubt that either one of the three developers feels like being the nanny here. If you have a report button which can be used so easily, you are very likely to be spammed with hundreds of false reports from players feeling their game not to be working to people not reacting like they want them to (guests, noobs and the like or vice versa high levels being not so nice).

Nah, i think mute button alone for individual players would suffice. Reporting others is completely useless and will be massively abused anyways.

Not really..if the report button be like albert suggest with more options,will be easy to use just sending screenshots of hackers cheaters haters rude peple ecc.. it will be easyily than came in forum and send a pm Smiley_XD

[Image: 2r7y0eu.jpg] [Image: 6dsa68.png]NOW ON CLASH OF CLANS! User: Regder - clan: Caos Land max th8+ only, clan war
01-31-2014, 10:48 AM
Pretty hard to make a fair system when it has to be used massively, I agree with you but we also have to think about the cases when someone joins a game for pure trolling, if the report button would take longer to take action, every troll could success on their goal of ruining your gaming experience... Again, pretty hard to make an efficient system...
01-31-2014, 10:28 PM
Grim cat, you are right that a person who is on there for pure trolling does that and gets away with it.
That is real life. People have sometimes an off day and go and take it out on other people.
Where is the 'deal with it' attitude. People who ruin one game, will be left out likely in the next or others will move on.

I hate to say it, but if you need a moderator to make your game experience great, you really should be thinking about going out for a walk or something, it's not mandatory to play games in the first place.

I like the anarchy type of game which usually happens. People do behave well most of the times, but unreasonable punishment for people not behaving like expected should be avoided in my perspective. Reporting people in my perspective made this easy is doubtful of an attribute anyways. No problems for me if there needs to be some effort put into reporting issues with other people anyways. People who do find it disturbing enough will generally gather info and post it, and most of the time those 'trolls' are behaving themselves the next day anyways.
02-01-2014, 01:23 AM
(01-31-2014 10:28 PM)RPNexplorer Wrote:  Grim cat, you are right that a person who is on there for pure trolling does that and gets away with it.
That is real life. People have sometimes an off day and go and take it out on other people.
Where is the 'deal with it' attitude. People who ruin one game, will be left out likely in the next or others will move on.

I hate to say it, but if you need a moderator to make your game experience great, you really should be thinking about going out for a walk or something, it's not mandatory to play games in the first place.

I like the anarchy type of game which usually happens. People do behave well most of the times, but unreasonable punishment for people not behaving like expected should be avoided in my perspective. Reporting people in my perspective made this easy is doubtful of an attribute anyways. No problems for me if there needs to be some effort put into reporting issues with other people anyways. People who do find it disturbing enough will generally gather info and post it, and most of the time those 'trolls' are behaving themselves the next day anyways.

What you need to keep in mind is this:
1) Troll enters a 3v3 game, abuses the team, shoots teammates
2) Teammates get angry and abuse him back
3) Game finishes, 5 people are angry and the troll leaves
4) Maybe 2 of the 5 people join a game and do the same thing

and it just spreads from there.

I agree that there shouldn't need to be moderation for this and I wish it was the case - but the fact
remains that some people just don't play by the rules and the only way to stop it is either Grim or myself
being there to resolve it (something of which we do as often as possible); or, the report system meaning that
a player could potentially drop 5 rep points - dropping below 0 will mute them until they earn their rep back.

[Image: WJul7La.gif]