Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
BEO2 only mobile?
12-18-2020, 03:46 AM
BEO2 only mobile?
Well,as u all know Adobe Flash Player will be over in 2021,since Desktop BEO2 requires Adobe Flash Player and the developers dont say a word since early 2019,i think the BEO2 have much chance of being 100% mobile,and i hope this happens,mobile already have more people and BEO2 in only one platform gonna unite even more the players!!Smiley_Nod

TEAM •CN• FarmerEgg

Smiley_FriedEgg Smiley_FriedEgg Smiley_FriedEgg Smiley_FriedEgg
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
12-19-2020, 01:44 AM
RE: BEO2 only mobile?
Only mobile? Maybe. As long as you have a functioning flash player, it should still be playable on computers.

Mobile having more players? Not surprised at all. Here's the basics for all of us using the computer: most of the veteran players retired. They hung up their weapons, put the shells back in the fridge and moved on. Others, like myself, may not have been able to play because of flash reporting errors about itself. That means that I haven't actively moderated the game in over a year.

Players being united? Do you mean the Kong players, the ones still here on the main site, armor players? Because all of these micro-communities were kept separate, anyone from any of these websites will need to create a completely new account (if they don't already have one) and start back at level 1 with none of their packs, perks or knowledge. Playing from a phone or tablet has different mechanics than the WADS-arrows combo of a computer.

In all reality, once Flash completely dies, that's it for BEO 1 and 2 because of the unlikelihood of those of us remaining on the web versions wanting to restart our progress.

On a similar note, it's entirely likely that the Donkins may attempt another game in the future. One that isn't reliant on a dead/dying software and (hopefully) not limited by various server blockades or exclusive releases on gaming clients. I already know for a fact that any future games will not be on Kongregate because they've stopped accepting 3rd party indie developments in favor of 2nd rate in-house stuff.

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]
12-19-2020, 04:12 AM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2020 04:19 AM by FarmerEgg.)
Idk if you got my point,tenchi

BEO2 desktop requires Flash player,and it will end,i think its more likely that BEO2 from desktop will end,and only mobile server will be available because the app dont require adobe flash player,so most of desktop players will play on mobile BEO2 so they will be able to continue playing (and those who dont like mobile are more likely to be retired),because mobile you can login normally with your desktop late login and pass,and you can log with facebook as well.

Thats the point of what i said,the most likely possibility for BEO2 after Flash Player ends,and for me,i will like BEO2 getting just mobile since we will have all the players (i mean those who dont retire) in one platform.

Thats my opinion

TEAM •CN• FarmerEgg

12-20-2020, 07:21 PM
Oh no, I completely got it. I also know what options are available and have explored them and the possibilities.

It's like this, all support and development of flash is done, but flash won't disappear. First, people will just use outdated but workable versions of flash. This will keep them going for maybe a month, but it's only a band-aid solution. Next, business users of flash will begin their final transitions to some other program. This should take place over the first few months of 2021. Finally, all the major browsers will announce the end of flash support. When that happens, BEO will truly die, as will any other flash based game on the web.

Now, as I've already mentioned, the login credentials don't transfer between platforms/websites. I've tried it multiple times and none of them have successfully logged me in with everything that I currently possess. Facebook login might be different, but consider that not everyone has access to FB. Before you reply "that's ridiculous, everyone can get on", you're technically right. I say technically because it's blocked in China, which is my current location, and it also means I would need to use a VPN to log in using Facebook.

Any desktop player who goes to mobile would restart at prestige 0 level 1 with no packs (weapons or maps), shells, or pro. If you put in the time and effort to max out and/or unlock everything, then would you really be willing to start all over again? If you got a lot of that for free because of credit giveaways, would you want to pay for something on a game that isn't being developed? Sure, a few people would migrate, but not like you're expecting them to.

Let's take it as a numbers thing. If there's 1000 active players between all the websites and mobile, and we assume that 25% are desktop only, that would leave 750 people globally to play. Out of those 750, how many are just there to try it? Maybe 150? That leaves 600. Now, out of those 600, there might be 100 that do both. If even 50 of them decide that it isn't worth it to play if there's only mobile, then you're getting to the point where the game doesn't have the ability to stick around for long.

Taking this one step further, if the players there are as toxic as the desktop players are without active moderation, how long would it take before that remaining 550 starts to drop off? Unfortunately, that's pretty much what happened on the main site. One of the other mods retired, leaving myself as the only active one. Toxicity of the player base rose, so casual players left because they didn't want to deal with the hate and racism and other stuff. In my last year of playing, I permabanned several tens of people's chats. If none of them come from mobile to the forums and post, then it kinda makes any moderation seem silly and unnecessary. so you've got a slope that will emulate what happened here. In about 6 months, BEO mobile will begin to see noticeable decreases in the amount of available lobbies and human decency (if it hasn't already happened).

12-21-2020, 03:56 AM
if has beo .swf then might be able to play game at 2021 onwards with flashprojector as long as dev's keep hosting game.
12-22-2020, 01:49 AM
It does have a .swf, if anyone is interested. On that note however, I think that most of the people who would see this have also moved on and that the current "players" (read "trolls") don't visit the forums.

All the same, if anyone sees this and wants the .swf, all they have to do is pm me.

12-23-2020, 02:20 PM
Not sure how to quote, but Tenchi-- i just logged onto mobile and recieved everything I've grinded for these past 7 years. I think you mightve been wrong when you said that
12-23-2020, 04:20 PM
It's possible that they did something on the backside or that I had some sort of a bug/glitch. I can say that I tried it shortly after it had come out and didn't. So that being the case, I retract my comments about having to start over. (Leaving everything else in place, though. I don't think that I was wrong on the rest of it.)

12-23-2020, 10:05 PM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2020 10:07 PM by FarmerEgg.)
All the progress of desktop is saved in the acc and will go on as well in mobile,all progress is saved independent of the platform basing by the fact that you have an registrated acc (no Guest for an exemple or banned acc)

And btw im just saying my opinion and vision of the facts,doesnt meant to offend anyone Smiley_Wink and thank you tenchi for the info you provide us here,you are a nice mod

TEAM •CN• FarmerEgg

12-23-2020, 11:45 PM
It's part of the job, providing the info. Being nice is just a choice. Smiley_Wink

As for making the jump to mobile, myself. I more than likely won't attempt to do it again. Being in China and having all Google products blocked means I can't download an up-to-date apk from the store. I'd try it other ways, but it still wouldn't be up-to-date/usable.