Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Any tips for a newbie?
11-17-2015, 04:25 AM
Any tips for a newbie?
So I've finally decided to have another try at playing with wind, after a long time of refusing to because I just didn't like it. Suffice to say I'm not very good at it yet and most of my wins were results of luck. Smiley_XD I'm actually quite surprised to discover that it's more fun than I thought it'd be, though.

So, I was wondering if anybody has any tips! Not just for me, but for anybody trying wind for the first time. I've resigned myself to the idea that it'll probably take a lot of practice before I can even make a passable attempt at playing a game with wind, but it seems like it also requires a lot more strategy than generic games.

[Image: jXtvKC8.png]
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
11-17-2015, 05:53 AM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2015 07:51 AM by Vakson.)
RE: Any tips for a newbie?
Well best tip i can give you is ,play with players who are already good at wind,and you should play with bouncy walls on (its easier).
Me and my clan mates play most of time with wind on , so if u want we can play few games Smiley_Tongue

11-17-2015, 06:07 AM
I don't play too much with wind, but one tip is use nades or weapons who didn't fly (isn't the way to play better with wind but sometimes help).

[Image: R3tyPqL.png]
11-17-2015, 07:16 AM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2015 08:15 AM by GkunnerFrom63rdk.)
Definately master nades first they can help you in any situation, I can try help im not the best at wind + lg but im decent and I will try help you as much as I can, try learn all the gravitys if your gonna do random grav Smiley_Smile Smiley_ThumbsUp

[Image: BrosifStalin.fw.png]
11-17-2015, 07:47 AM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2015 07:48 AM by ilikenoah.)
well wind always makes it fun idk why people think its that difficult...

i've played wind and low gravity alongside w/ beta clan so my opinion is probs really bias lol

if u are going to use a diff gravity like lg or rg, as gangsta said learn each gravity b4 beginning to use wind by using weapons that don't rely on wind. I disagree w/ vaks bc I didnt learn w/ walls and i see walls as a safe haven for ppl learning wind and being some1 who learned it w/o walls, it just doesnt feel right. If u learn w/o walls it will make w/ walls games like so much easier. Smiley_Tongue

imo if u want to be good at wind fast practice on one of the maps tht the game gives u. Random maps aren't the best place to start learning wind for so many reasons and will take a lot longer to learn the diff between each wind number. I learned and aim in wind in two ways. both are from direction. towards or away from u. before messing around w/ towards ur face winds i only used wind weapons on wind from my back. its the easier of the two and thats what u should start with if ur just beginning to learn wind.

it isn't too hard for me.. tbh idk why but i just have awesome concentration and bc of that i can easily show u shots done on my first try.. ill post a few here

http://imgur.com/kTknKbE
http://imgur.com/TmXway6
http://imgur.com/ik9NckC

ofc the aim is gonna be diff if u are just playing w/ wind since that is low grav and wind..

ive played w/ wind since I began playing tbh and id be happy to help u in game if what i said is confusing.. bc it probably is Smiley_XD im more of a visual learner which is why ive gotten to do these shots ^^

I wrote wayyy too much so im done now Smiley_Tongue

[Image: ShimmeringAnotherAlpinegoat.gif]
11-17-2015, 10:06 AM
I can give lessons on how to do some wind for a few tips.

Remember: Some weapons are not effected by wind. Smiley_BigGrin

[Image: Goonday.gif]
11-17-2015, 10:54 AM
I just say don't wait and practice on the side play with it now so you can get used to it. Working with people who are actually playing will make you better. Yeah you might loose a few game but at least in the end you will be having fun on the game and making your skills 10x better.

[Image: space_bam.jpg]
11-17-2015, 11:35 AM
Let me know when you wanna 2v2, i'd be more than happy to help Smiley_Smile

[Image: BrosifStalin.fw.png]
11-17-2015, 03:59 PM
Vakson and Noah are both right. Practicing on your own, with no walls will help you learn to aim better and to better understand the difference between all the speeds. But at the same time, playing with people who have used wind for a long time can pay off in that you can see them aim and understand the numbers much faster (with or without walls).

I, for example, never played with wind until EoD started using it as one of the "normal" settings. Within a few rounds, I had a much better understanding of the numbers and was making more and more, successful shots.

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]
11-17-2015, 10:12 PM
Maybe find a friend who is already good with win

Long live Jahseh