Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.86 Average
Add modifiers.
12-04-2013, 02:20 AM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2013 02:25 AM by Grim-Cat.)
Lightbulb Add modifiers.
Hello.
I was playing certain game and I noticed there are some features that modify the game.
I think something like that could make BEO look nicer, and the best part is that they would make the game funnier not only for the owner but everyone else in the game too.

I'll explain it...

What would a modifier be?

An option to modify the game purchaseable in the shop, I think 5 or 10 credits for they could be a good price, depending on each modifier.
Every modifier is different, I have some ideas:

-Rainbow trails: Makes the trails of the weapons look like rainbows.
-Confetti: Every time you hit an egg, some confetti comes out from it.
-The chosen one: The egg on turn shines, really colourful.
-Weather: Many people have been suggesting weather animations, maybe there could be a modifier in charge of this.

I can't think about more ideas right now, but I know there are no limit for this! Also, everybody here is pretty creative. Smiley_BigGrin

How do they work?

You purchase them in the shop individually. You can turn them on and off, just like the weapon packs. You can have as many as you want, and they can be activated at the same time for the same game.

Why would I want a modifier?

To make the game funnier. Does your happiness worth a cent? Mine does!

I know for some people a modifier could make the game laggy, so it should be visible on the game lobby when a modifier is activated, just so you can take precaution.

So... What do you think guys? Smiley_BigGrin
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
12-04-2013, 03:21 AM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2013 03:26 AM by Goodkid.)
RE: Add modifiers.
Wow, I've never thought about this! I really like it! I'd love to have a rainy game with lightning! I don't get much rain in real life, California problems. Smiley_Sad

It reminds me of the armor effects from Halo: Reach, as a Halo fan I'm assuming you know what I'm talking about.

I fully support this, I think its one of the best suggestions yet. Bravo! Smiley_ThumbsUp

"Inside this shell there's a prison cell." -Jon Foreman
12-04-2013, 03:39 AM
hmmm. sonicthekid. im a halo fan.. and I have no idea what your talking about. Smiley_Wink of course I do. lol

yeah. I like grimcats idea a lot. I want to be a modifier !!!
12-04-2013, 05:33 PM
Interesting idea, Grim-Cat. It sounds like a bit of fun and 5-10 credits is a good, affordable price
12-05-2013, 03:16 AM
Good idea, I kinda like it!

Lol mastercheef, modifier is a buyable option, not a title or position..."I want to BE a modifier?" Smiley_XD

[Image: jv1x8x.png]
12-05-2013, 03:18 AM
I ment I want to get credits to BE a modifier Smiley_Wink
12-05-2013, 02:18 PM
Great idea Grim. Could really do a lot with this. For example purchase a modifier that makes a lightning strike at the start of your turn & even all players could see it. Or buy a special animation like at the start of each game your egg parachutes onto the map rather than just standing there. Or even a special death animation where if you kill an egg it hatches to a chicken and runs off screen or other humiliation, etc etc.
12-05-2013, 03:58 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2013 03:58 PM by Goodkid.)
Wow Rayvel, I really like those. And that's just an example of the endless possibility here. Grim and I were talking in the chatroom earlier, and he had some more great suggestions.

The following is taken from Grim's ideas, so credit to him:
Perhaps, modifiers could not only effect aesthetics, but also the game mechanics. There could be one called "Crisis" that lowers the ammo of your weapons. There could also be one where all weapons are stronger, or "Weakness" where they are all weaker.

Just some great opportunity here. I really hope we can at least get something close to it. Smiley_BigGrin

"Inside this shell there's a prison cell." -Jon Foreman
12-05-2013, 11:17 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2013 11:37 PM by Meir.)
Great ideas! it will make the game much more fun. I have some ideas for modifies:

Egg crack: Everytime egg get hit it gets crack, the more damage it get (lower health) the crack will get bigger, and when the egg reach to 0 health it breaks.
Explosion color: A modify that change the explosion color, you can choose which color to purchase (blue, red, purple etc.)
Background sounds: When you win a game there will be sound that says: "you're victorious!", when you lose: "you lost!", when it's a draw: "it's a draw!", when you kill 2 eggs in one game: "double kill!", when you kill 3 eggs in one game: "triple kill!".
12-06-2013, 01:25 AM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2013 01:29 AM by Grim-Cat.)
Wow do you see? All these are great ideas! Just imagine the game like that, really awesome. My favourites are the chicken animation by Rayvel and ''Egg crack'' by Meir.

PS. Thanks a lot Hero, I wanted to post the ideas I told you in chat but I ended forgetting them. Smiley_BigGrin