Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
More charters in a post
02-18-2015, 10:34 AM
More charters in a post
Hai eggs, I have a idea that could make post longer. Donkins,you have to add more charters or letters. I consider less then 30 charters is spam. Don't you think so?

This is very annoying when I see less than 30 charters as spam. Please add more charters or letters in posts and threads.

Signed Gold man 2
Member of FTF.
Find all posts by this user
02-18-2015, 10:47 AM
RE: More charters in a post
It's Characters ffs your post made me cringe.
But I do agree, their minimum comment length is 5 char, it should be increased. However I can imagine people writing the same things but just adding random shizz at the end. e.g hi///////////////25char////
Warn the author for this post
02-18-2015, 11:43 AM
When it was 20, which was a few months ago, it was really annoying. It's very, very clear that the character minimum isn't stopping spam at all (come on, look around), but it does prevent useful posts.

It's hilarious to see a spammer asking for spam to stop, though.

02-18-2015, 05:31 PM
Dear Gold,

It so nice to see you suggestions. I find most of them very useful. This is also one of the great idea. It will encourage members to write. I agree with 1337, as few might write unwanted stuffs to make it to 30 character but most of them will learn to write useful stuffs.

@Inuyasha, Pls be patient with him. He has been learning a lot. By the time, I'm sure you will have less complains about him Smiley_Smile

[Image: OHuf0Pp.png]
02-18-2015, 06:02 PM
(02-18-2015 11:43 AM)Inuyasha Wrote:  When it was 20, which was a few months ago, it was really annoying. It's very, very clear that the character minimum isn't stopping spam at all (come on, look around), but it does prevent useful posts.

Yeah pretty much this. We had this already and it doesn't work so the character minimum was reduced. Sometimes a short answer is actually perfectly valid. Also people tended to just add characters to the end of their post arbitrarily like '... (too short)' just to get up to the limit.

[Image: RobSig01.png][Image: RobSig02.png][Image: RobSig03.png][Image: RobSig04.png]
02-19-2015, 04:19 AM
you can write as long post as you want without anything preventing it, increasing minimum amount of letters/characters needed would just cause posts containing extra letters or words by posters to get minimum amount fullfilled.
02-19-2015, 05:33 PM
I'll add here that the other forum I'm really active on has a minimum of 1 (i.e., no minimum), and it doesn't seem to cause any spam by itself. Spam isn't caused by the ability to post short replies.