Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.33 Average
Bad Eggs Premier League Season One
01-24-2015, 10:22 PM
Bad Eggs Premier League Season One
I have played this game for years and I really like it. Bad Eggs is deceptively simple but when played well it can be full of tactics and skill. The main problem with this game is playing random games where it is hard to find evenly matched teams. Games are usually unbalanced because of poor players or because some players have better weapons.

I am going to set up a league that will provide a completely fair and even way of playing where skill will be the only deciding factor.

HOW IT WILL WORK:

The first season of this league will be a trial run to work out problems and find out if the concept will work. The league will be made up of ten players who will play one match against everyone else in the league. A match will be best of three games 1v1. The winner will get two points, the loser gets no points. Damage scored and damage taken will be recorded and will act like goal difference to decide where players finish in the table if they have the same points. Season two will see the introduction of a second league and promotion and relegation will be take place between the Premier League and League One.

The most important aspect of this league will be the fact that everyone who takes part must create a brand new account with no weapon packs. You will not be allowed to play with your league account except in league games, experience points must be recorded after each game and must be the same at the start of your next game. Players will slowly level up by playing league games but only weapons unlocked by your level can be used, daily spin weapons can be used but only if they are weapons which are allowed by your level. No weapon pack weapons from daily spins can be used.

THE RULES:
1. All players must create a brand new account with no weapon packs.
2. Players can only use daily spin weapons that are allowed by their level.
3. Matches will be best of three games, first to two wins. Screenshots must be taken by both players after each game including games that you lose. Screenshots will be sent to me via a private message and I will update the league table.
4. two rounds of games will take place each week, one between Monday and Thursday And one between Friday and Sunday. Players must arrange times to play here on the forum via private messages.
5. Players must be prepared to take screenshots at all times during a game. If any player uses an illegal weapon at any time, his opponent must take a screenshot of the weapon in flight. Using an illegal weapon will mean an automatic loss.Repeated use of illegal weapons will see players removed from the league.
6. Disconnections will count as a loss, rage quitting will result in a warning or removal from the league if done multiple times.
7. No arguments are allowed on any of the official threads relating to the league. Anyone with an issue should send me a PM and I will deal with it. Players that start arguing will be given a warning and repeat offences will see players removed from the league.

I think this type of format has a lot of potential and could run for many seasons. At the end of each season, players will post a screen shot of their profile and awards will be given for various statistics.

As I said, this first season is a trial run, future seasons may see changes to the format. Rules will be reviewed and altered where needed. Games may become 2v2 and a league may be set up for players with weapon packs but the non-weapon pack league will always be the Premier event as it will be a level playing field.
Players may have to create a new account again after each season to maintain a level playing field or if we get a regular group of players, league profiles may be allowed to develop over the seasons so that a few seasons down the line, players will start to unlock better weapons.

The Games: IMPORTANT

Before each game, players must be prepared to take multiple screenshots. After each game, the winner must send me the following:

A screenshot of each results page from every game including games that were lost so this will be a maximum of three shots.
A screenshot of your profile statistics after each game to check that players have not been playing games with their profile outside of league games.
Screenshots of any opponent using illegal weapons.

The loser must send me at least a screenshot of their profile stats to check number of games played.

I think the biggest problem with this will be getting players to agree when they can play games, all users must check this forum regularly and play their games as soon as they can.

I am well aware that this game and this forum is mainly populated by children but I won't tolerate childish behaviour in this league or any associated threads. There must be other adults out there that play this game and I would prefer if older people sign up but I have no problem with younger players signing up and some leniency will be allowed but only at my discretion.

Let me know what you think below and post any suggestions.

I AM NOT TAKING SIGN UPS RIGHT NOW. Use this thread to discuss the idea. Sign ups will start next week probably.
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
01-24-2015, 10:49 PM
RE: Bad Eggs Premier League Season One
I think this is a great idea, its good to see that there are some people on this game that are well spoken, and judging by the name I'm guessing you're a football fan. I wish you luck with your competition.

[Image: 35bxmrn.jpg]
01-24-2015, 11:21 PM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2015 11:21 PM by weirdoiest.)
Yes Day, I think the concept is solid but there will need to be some tweaking and fine tuning of the rules. The first season will be used to find out what works and what doesn't. Eventually when more divisions are added, I will need to appoint other people to run those leagues, eventually if there is enough interest and the leagues aren't too difficult to manage I would like to see 3 (or more) leagues with the top two in each of the lower leagues being promoted and the bottom two in the league above being relegated. Possibly with 3rd in each league playing a best of 5 game match against 3rd from bottom in the league above and the winner either being promoted or staying in their league. This Idea has alot of potential I think but could also have a few problems, we need to just play a trial season and see what works.

Anyone can express their interest in joining here but I will not start taking sign ups until next week.
01-24-2015, 11:27 PM
The idea is descent, your main problem will be inactivity or time-zone related problems, if you could tackle this, I'm sure It'll be a success, and if you want any help all you need to do is ask.

[Image: 35bxmrn.jpg]
01-24-2015, 11:32 PM
Yeah, I haven't been on this forum in a long time so I don't know how many people use it and time zones will create problems, I think the biggest stumbling block will be getting people to agree when they can play their games but if we could get a group of committed players this could be an interesting idea I think.
01-25-2015, 05:25 AM
so each player is lvl1 in the beginning? so best for all players would be each winning 1 match and 3rd match would be hard fighting.

nice idea but timezones are problem and those who play 3 matches to get 2 wins will have advantage against those who play only 2 matches to get 2 wins.
01-25-2015, 05:32 AM
Wow, sounds really fun. I'd like to join this, let me know if I'm in.

[Image: udpoal868c4.gif]
[Image: lsvmlm8.png]
[Image: Zhp0OLw.jpg]
It's not that I fear in my own self-confidence, it's that the others fear in it.
[Image: ulapdo6b724.gif]
01-25-2015, 06:28 PM
Seems like a well organised Premier league. However I don't agree on 'you have to make new accounts' because as Shadow mentioned above that it is possible to disable all the weapon packs. *Shell bought weapons cannot be deactivated* You would also have to waste time in levelling up the account to unlock all the default weapons. You also need to tell us the exact settings we would be facing our opponents in. Apart from that, everything seems alright.

Good luck with Season one, I'd love to join after a few tweaks and changes are made. Smiley_Smile

[Image: Navel.gif]
01-25-2015, 09:48 PM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2015 09:50 PM by weirdoiest.)
Some good suggestions there NaVe and Shadow, I hadn't thought about turning off the weapon packs in the profile. My idea with creating a new account though is that nobody would have weapons like death from above which are very easy to use and do massive damage. The best weapon would be the mortar which still requires some skill to get good damage with. Also, if we start with new accounts then over the seasons you will level up your character and unlock weapons, adding an extra dimension to the league I think.

I had thought about people winning 2-0 getting a disadvantage versus folks winning 2-1, as far as the league goes, we would have to do something like this: A win gives you a max of 200 damage scored (assuming 100 health to stat with, possibly with a small 5-10 point bonus for a 2-0 win?) and only the best two results for both players will count towards the damage (goal) difference stats for both players so for example:

player A wins 2-0: 100 damge vs 78 damage and 100 damage vs 62 damage or
player B wins 2-1: 100 vs 84, 75 vs 100, 100 vs 71

Player A would get 200 damage scored and 78+62= 140 damage against leaving him/her +60. The oppoenent gets -60 overall.

Player B gets 200 scored and 84+71=155 damage agianst = +45. Their opponent uses their best two results for damage scored so gets 100+84 damage scored and 200 against for losing and ends up -16. The reward for winning at least one game is much less negative damage. These are my thoughts anyway, if someone has a different suggestion, post below.

A player that wins a lot of games 2-0 will end up with less xp but if you are winning 2-0 a lot then you are probably very good anyway and this might actually end up giving less strong players a slight advantage with unlocking weapons quicker but I think this would even itself out in the long run.

As for match settings, if we start with new accounts, options will be limited. We would probably start with the first map for the first round of games and use a different map for each round of games.

If we play with our regular accounts with packs turned off, the settings I would play with (only if everyone that signs up has pro) 150 or 200 health and random maps with platforms. No other pro settings would be allowed.

I think starting with new accounts will allow a much more level playing field and make things more interesting as our characters level up etc.

Post any more suggestions or thoughts and anyone interested in joining below.
01-25-2015, 11:50 PM
if you would like to join after this is over then there will be fake accounts and it will show more people have signed up in badeggs when they are the same person
over all i think this is a good post and new game to the game

[Image: 2ivbi50.jpg]