Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 3 Average
a Letter to devs from a customer
01-21-2015, 11:36 AM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2015 11:38 AM by Seshomaru.)
RE: a Letter to devs from a customer
I honestly don't mind the new update, and I don't see what's so bad about it. People have been asking for new items like these in game for ages, it's hardly undesired. Note that some of these new additions were actually suggested by the community.

It's pretty tragic that you're willing to say the game is bad now just because you didn't like one update.

[Image: tumblr_md962k302i1rk2qtwo1_500.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
01-21-2015, 11:46 AM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2015 11:49 AM by troll2.)
(01-21-2015 07:30 AM)Rob Donkin Wrote:  We can't be 100% unique with every weapon and a lot of the more interesting suggestions we see turn out to be unfeasible for one reason or another.

Of course we want the game to stay fun for our veteran players but realistically we completely understand and accept that people aren't going to play this game forever. Eventually people move on and that's ok.

Of course you and John can be unique with every weapon, theres millions of possibilities, as i said, this is not a personal atack or against the game as many newbies dont understand and replayed against me , but as i said on first post, this is a personal opinion, and let me add to my fisrt post that its seems the app its killing the game, and worst its seems you and John turn something that was a joy foir both into a obligation, and thats the worst thing could happend to the game, i still remember years ago when both have the joy and enthusiasm on improving the game, but now its like a regular job were the only goal its fill the whole with any update.

as for your comment about the more interesting suggestion teh problem is not if they are unfeasible for one reason or another, the problem is that the members dont get a feedback from you and John, so we keep suggesting in a blind way, but if in those suggestion u find it interesting u explain what its possible and what not, maybe the person who suggested could fix it to fit into the game or even better get new ideas, but i never seen a feedback from u or John out of a general issue or general topic regarding the game. I know you and John dont have time and keep working , but atleast once a week reply to 2 or 3 suggestion that really deserve being replayed, could help a lot and will not stole u to much time.

As you can see the few veterans the forum & game still have had understand my point of view and the newbies regarding time on forum and game cant understand what and why so many that support the game for so long time feel like we are in other dimension., as many said here there no need and obligation to release a weapon pack, sometimes small things bring more fun, business and incoming can be on modes & minigames too, instead on only weapons and shells.

just hope Both (Rob and John ) can find again that fun and joy both had few years ago, because thats the special ingredient the game recipie lost, theres nothign else i can say , just wanted to reply to your reply, now i wil back to my retirement of forum.

im still wishing the best for the game, and for bad Viking,

Regards.

[Image: 2a5wymd.gif]
01-21-2015, 11:51 AM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2015 11:52 AM by Isn't It A Pity?.)
I agree with troll2. The game has gotten rather boring. I hope they bring the Dragons back like Albert said.

We also need more maps to. And also more map packs.
01-21-2015, 11:53 AM
You have a very particular way of leaving... although I've seen that a lot (here and elsewhere) so I'm not gonna say you're the only one who does that.

At any rate, as you can see from the various threads around, most people are actually happy with the new updates. The weapons even come, in part, from users' suggestions; so this doesn't really come as a surprise.
Of course not everyone will be happy with something, but you can't please everyone, so that's not a factor.

Besides... what do you mean by "no feedback"? You made this thread and got a reply from the developers in 6 hours and a half -- that's really quick, and that is feedback:
[Image: LQnaySP.png?1]

I don't really understand what you mean by this, it doesn't seem like a very clear complaint to me.

01-21-2015, 12:20 PM
At least we can see now that there are almost equal numbers of players who are happy and players who are unhappy.
With this we can deduce that it's a matter of personal thoughts (I have all my BEO life talking about this... Isn't it time for you to understand?), and not something about the Donkins doing something right or wrong.
We can see Rob is still happy with his game, and that's something that tells me BEO is 100% alive.

Is it that nobody has been a full member of any other game before? It's impossible to keep a game fresh. Any game is doomed to reach certain point where it doesn't matter how many content the developers add, you just get everything you can from it and then it's time to move on. I'm not saying BEO is done, we are still waiting for the dragons and maybe Albert's zombie mode, but really, if you think the game alone is supposed to give you all the fun, you're terribly wrong, go find some friends to play with...

I was away from BEO for more than a year, and when I came back I found a lot of fun, thanks to EoD (and Funi), and I only have 4 packs...
01-21-2015, 12:23 PM
Do you know when there will be another competition? If there's going to be another one I will win
01-21-2015, 12:52 PM
(01-21-2015 12:20 PM)Grim-Cat Wrote:  I'm not saying BEO is done, we are still waiting for the dragons and maybe Albert's zombie mode

I almost forgot about the Dinosaurs that are coming to BEO2. I am sure a lot of people have seen the videos of the glitcher and he showed all the shells that have be released so far, thus his images are real! What still needs to released that he showed were Dragons, Dinosaurs (with an Egg, perhaps the weapon, Portals, etc.) There is still a lot to come, I just don't understand what the hold up is.

[Image: 11l0lxt.png]
01-21-2015, 12:57 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2015 01:00 PM by Grim-Cat.)
(01-21-2015 12:52 PM)AlbertPujols5 Wrote:  There is still a lot to come, I just don't understand what the hold up is.

I would say Rob and John don't want to release that content yet for a really simple reason: BEO2 is an indie flash game, and they need to save their heavy cards for the right time. Imagine if they released everything at once, they wouldn't have anything left to keep BEO2 alive for longer. I agree it has been a while now, but let's think a bit for them instead of us, they really need to think well their moves.
01-21-2015, 01:09 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2015 01:12 PM by AlbertPujols5.)
(01-21-2015 12:57 PM)Grim-Cat Wrote:  I would say Rob and John don't want to release that content yet for a really simple reason: BEO2 is an indie flash game, and they need to keep their heavy cards for the right time. Imagine if they released everything at once, they wouldn't have anything left to keep BEO2 alive for longer. I agree it has been a while now, but let's think a bit for them instead of us, they really need to think well their moves.

I will get a little off topic here but I will relate it at the end.

I play an app called TOPPS Bunt and it is a trading card game (Yeah, thats it. Trading digital baseball cards)
They release new cards daily, without skipping holidays. This is why they have thousands of people spending thousands of dollars daily. The app was on the AppStores best-newest app for awhile and the game continues to grow!
Now for me, I spend a few hundred a month on that game because I enjoy trying to get new cards that are released daily. If they only released cards once a week or even once a month, they wouldn't have the amount of players they have now and wouldn't have the same success.

Same thing here, more releases would keep people playing the game, enjoying it and better yet, buying products!
This will only benefit the Donkins by giving them more money, I don't see a downside to that.
Theres a reason why all the veterans have left

All that is needed to make this a running and successful game is:
-Atleast 3 shells per week
-Weapon Pack every X months
-Shells with Weapons (Dragons, Dinosaurs)
-Map Pack once a month
-Competitions the month with no Weapon Pack
-Minigames
-Also like Troll2 said, there should be more communication with us, players. Rob and John should be posting just the same as Grim and Mageg. Interact with the players ingame and on forum! (It is very sad to see John's post count at 23 posts.)

This would bring more excitement for the players, and more money for developers to keep the game running! Win-Win!

[Image: 11l0lxt.png]
01-21-2015, 02:24 PM
What about the USA Italy brazil you know those eggs shells and they can make more animal eggshells eagles chameleon hawk iguana walrus whale beaver cobra lion