Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
Country tags/Flags
11-17-2013, 11:20 AM (This post was last modified: 11-18-2013 10:24 AM by SenSei.)
Country tags/Flags
How about having country flag beside your name in GAME & forum ?
i think lots of ppl would want to represent their country,it could be good option
to have.
if someone concern about their anonymity (i dont think any1 would) it can be optional from profile menu.
only register user can have disable flag option it will be by default for guest.

[Image: Qt2Tbgo.jpg]

Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
11-17-2013, 11:37 AM
RE: Country tags/Flags
I love this idea. I actually would really want this in game now. Never thought about it, very nice idea!

[Image: 11l0lxt.png]
11-17-2013, 12:39 PM
I have seen this done in other forums. I definitely support the idea
11-17-2013, 12:43 PM
(11-17-2013 11:37 AM)Albertpujols5 Wrote:  I love this idea. I actually would really want this in game now. Never thought about it, very nice idea!

You've made a shrine to me!? I'm flattered!

Lol, but yes, I'd love to represent America on BEO2!

"Inside this shell there's a prison cell." -Jon Foreman
11-17-2013, 04:42 PM
Good idea and I would LOVE to represent The United States of America too. Smiley_BigGrin
11-17-2013, 05:37 PM
Well I believe that this won't be a good idea because they might forget some countries and they will think that the Donkins are racists or something.Believe me,I've been through this in another forum.

PS:Nothing against the idea.

S A T A N I S T H E O N E
11-17-2013, 06:19 PM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2013 06:45 PM by SenSei.)
they cant forget any country its just not possible because whenever your logged in Game or Forum server has all info from your ip where you from also from which city your? when you sign up for any account there is small question they ask which country your from? have you check the list there? all server of gaming or media or any kind they already have country list loaded,so
putting flag in front of ip its just small thing.
this is my guess how it can be done
they just have to load all flag list[designer flags in BEO2 style] on there server. Each ip register on server will show the flag according to their country.whenever you log in your acc. it will show where you from,server alredy knows where you from anyways so having flag is not bad idea.
for example if your from Venezuela it will show flag of Venezuela according to ip. etc..

11-17-2013, 08:33 PM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2013 08:33 PM by Droidegg.)
Yeah but if they are counting only on IP then there would be a small problem.
IP=Your adress (incuding country/region etc)
If you move out in Germany,it will show Germany even if you are from Greece.So there should be a pool or something

S A T A N I S T H E O N E
11-17-2013, 08:58 PM
Or it would be much better if they just showed you a bunch of countries to pick from (Hopefully covering all the countries). Its SO much easier than having to create enormous amounts of code for this tiny detail. Besides, why would anyone lie about where they're from, and who cares if they are? Choosing the flag should be a pretty easy thing to make, for the awesome skill of the Donkin Bros.

[Image: jv1x8x.png]
11-17-2013, 09:26 PM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2013 11:13 PM by SenSei.)
when you sign up for your account you already choose where you from server can automatically assigned
according to that ;D
i suggested ip because it shows your current location more efficient it dosent matter where you playing from
rest what said by DragonBolt ;D

also flag should not be thing treat as badge its somthing you take pride in it. if its provided as bunch options some trolls will treat as badge
will change evry after 2 min. lose the point of having it.