Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A SAFE CHAT SETTING?
08-31-2014, 07:52 PM
A SAFE CHAT SETTING?
basically I been noticing some people curse and rage chat(spam) so i decided we have a safe chat setting where each game you create you can have nor(normal) or sfe(safe) chat and if you click the safe chat it will only come up with a certain amount of words you say for example:

Good Game
Nice shot
Unlucky
Hows your day

the setting will be mainly for the people who don't like the spam or don't talk themselves.

think it's a good idea? tell me why?
think it should be improved anyway? Tell me that as well

stay safe

eggkillerSmiley_XD

M8 i got so much swag...
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
08-31-2014, 08:34 PM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2014 11:26 PM by SenSei.)
RE: A SAFE CHAT SETTING?
developers alredy censored words,still ppl can curse using space between 2 words
if you limit conversation or put more restriction its not really conversation, is it?
best thing is if conversation turns into curse and rage chat(spam) host should have ability to close chat option
,block it for both ppl [no chat for any one ,only game]& if host is abusive then just leave room or mute him.

09-01-2014, 05:16 PM
This doesn't sound like a good idea... a set amount of phrases is too restrictive to allow any useful chat.
09-01-2014, 05:23 PM
This idea is useless. Just turn off the chat if you don't like to talk. there's no point of the donkins making this.
09-01-2014, 05:25 PM
Also, I wonder how you'd answer a question like "how's your day?" with predefined answers. Just "fine" and "bad"?

Doesn't make sense.
09-03-2014, 05:19 AM
no they will be more words obviously but I'm writing 999 words on one thread just kinda like a club penguin kinda safe chat?

M8 i got so much swag...
09-03-2014, 06:07 PM
(09-03-2014 05:19 AM)eggkiller2301 Wrote:  no they will be more words obviously but I'm writing 999 words on one thread just kinda like a club penguin kinda safe chat?

I honestly don't know how Club Penguin works.

Anyway, how would you plan to allow for a normal conversation using a restricted chat system? The combinatorial explosion that occurs with the amount of sentences you can make is really hard to measure, but the amount of sentences you can possibly use in normal, "good" conversation is well over a million.

("combinatorial explosion" is a phenomenon that occurs when a series of elements, that don't have a large number of possible values themselves (for instance, the words you generally use in daily talk, which are no more than a few hundred), due to how they are combined, form an amount of combinations many orders of magnitude larger)
09-11-2014, 02:05 PM
Well, other option would be like Online MS games had:
You can't just talk, but you can choose between pre-loaded phrases like those you said in first post, or for example: 'Nice shot', 'Move aim to left/right/up/down', 'Nice try', 'I'm sorry', 'Don't worry', 'Good battle', 'Hello/goodbye everybody', 'Next time we will win', 'Good luck',etc. It does sound very robotic, but it assures a 'perfect' chat.
In case of the MS games I told before, it also assures that the message gets understood in every language, since that when you choose to say 'Hello', people who speaks Spanish, for example, reads 'Hola'. What am I saying with this? It would be compatible with an hipothetic multilanguage feature.

United we stand, divided we fall. Our destiny's here tonight with us all. Through wind and thunder we sail to your shore; we did not give up, so open the door.
Timo Tolkki
09-11-2014, 09:16 PM
(09-11-2014 02:05 PM)rata536 Wrote:  Well, other option would be like Online MS games had:
You can't just talk, but you can choose between pre-loaded phrases like those you said in first post, or for example: 'Nice shot', 'Move aim to left/right/up/down', 'Nice try', 'I'm sorry', 'Don't worry', 'Good battle', 'Hello/goodbye everybody', 'Next time we will win', 'Good luck',etc. It does sound very robotic, but it assures a 'perfect' chat.
In case of the MS games I told before, it also assures that the message gets understood in every language, since that when you choose to say 'Hello', people who speaks Spanish, for example, reads 'Hola'. What am I saying with this? It would be compatible with an hipothetic multilanguage feature.

From having played those games countless times, I can tell you that the chat feature in them is completely useless, not to mention inefficient in the rare case or two out of a thousand in which you'd be able to get something done with it.

If you're going to add a useless chat like that, then you might as well remove it altogether.
09-14-2014, 10:30 AM
I know, but is the only thing that can be done to reach OP's goal. Otherwise, you know how it is; made the rule made the cheat. Nobody can do anything to completly remove chat abusing (it is possible to mute those players, thus).
Also, remember that, in general, BEO's comunity is more predisposal to chatting than MSHearts's one. But then, again, most of people will keep using normal chat (99%). The true benefit of it would be the multilanguage feature, because there's still a whole lot of people who can't understand english to understand the chat, especially with all the typical chat abreviations and miss spellings (I probably still have a lot, I know). Also, message to Rob, if you and your brother do have a plan to do some multlanguage function, I would happily help you translating to spanish.

'If you're going to add a useless chat like that, then you might as well remove it altogether.'
Im only suggesting possible solutions, and removing chat surely isn't one. Perhaps there could be a message to remind you that you can mute annoying players in the first lobby you join in a day (it has to be not annoying for every day use, however), since there might be people who don't know that neither.

United we stand, divided we fall. Our destiny's here tonight with us all. Through wind and thunder we sail to your shore; we did not give up, so open the door.
Timo Tolkki