Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Suicides! My Pet Peeve
11-15-2013, 06:24 AM (This post was last modified: 11-25-2013 07:59 AM by Grim-Cat.)
Suicides! My Pet Peeve
Well folks, I was hoping it would be a less of a problem in BEO2, but I think it's safe to say I was kidding myself!

One of the most annoying problems I experienced in BEO1 was the common practice of "suiciding" right before the opposing team could get the kill.

I will be the first to admit that even I have engaged in this tactic a handful of times, albeit only when I felt like I was "cheated"...but nonetheless it is a huge disrespect to the other player and I believe it should come with consequences.

I'm sure the community can come up with something better, but here is my suggestion to offset this issue:

- a suicide will result in a -1 to the reputation of the egg in question (rep points can be gained easily, so the accidental suicide won't be too big of a problem)

- a suicide will give the "kill" to the last player who damaged the egg in question: I am most adamant about this being implemented, as I cannot tell you how many kills I have lost due to suiciders.

Cheers guys.

[Image: 2n6fac4.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
11-15-2013, 07:16 AM
RE: Suicides! My Pet Peeve
What if you could only hurt yourself down to 1 health? So you could never actually kill yourself. Might be a solution?

[Image: RobSig01.png][Image: RobSig02.png][Image: RobSig03.png][Image: RobSig04.png]
11-15-2013, 07:23 AM
Quote:What if you could only hurt yourself down to 1 health? So you could never actually kill yourself. Might be a solution?

LOVE the idea Rob, I knew there would be a more elegant solution.

11-15-2013, 07:40 AM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2013 07:40 AM by Rob Donkin.)
Although... actually I'm not sure that does work in all cases. For example what if a player accidentally suicides as he is getting the game winning kill? If his health can only go down to 1 then he gets a cheap win when it should have been tied.

[Image: RobSig01.png][Image: RobSig02.png][Image: RobSig03.png][Image: RobSig04.png]
11-15-2013, 08:03 AM
Good point, I hadn't considered that.

Would it be possible to add that situation into the code? Whereby if you win the game with a suicide, it counts as a draw?

11-15-2013, 09:20 AM
I still feel like the best solution here was one of Venom's original suggestions. Just let the kill go to the last player who dealt damage to the suicide-er. I really don't see any loopholes or flaws.

"Inside this shell there's a prison cell." -Jon Foreman
11-15-2013, 07:33 PM
Yeah I agree and I think that's the one we'll go with. I'll try and get that implemented today.

11-15-2013, 07:42 PM
Yeah, that idea's been sitting on my head for a while. Good going, venom!

[Image: jv1x8x.png]
11-15-2013, 09:30 PM
I'm sure this will be a great move for the game; Thank-you Rob, and Venom!
11-16-2013, 01:18 AM
This post made my day.
Awesome suggestion venom! This really irritated me too