Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Attempted account theft
06-13-2014, 04:05 AM (This post was last modified: 06-13-2014 06:34 AM by Mageg.)
Attempted account theft
I wouldn't usually post this kind of stuff, but I just know that some poor kid will fall for it.

This kid joins me, says he works for Beo and he's giving away 200 credits, obviously fake. And yeah he needs my password..

Pics / Logs hidden.
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
06-13-2014, 04:48 AM
RE: Mod/Admin Look [Scammer]
Things like this shouldn't be posted. Please pm them to Grim-cat and Mageg. (Mageg has said the same thing on previously made posts of a similar nature.)

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]
06-13-2014, 05:00 AM
(06-13-2014 04:48 AM)tenchi Wrote:  Things like this shouldn't be posted. Please pm them to Grim-cat and Mageg. (Mageg has said the same thing on previously made posts of a similar nature.)
Why not? Isn't it better to warn other players, rather than wait for an admin to come online and in the mean time have people fall for it.
Plus the kid's prestige 3, he's obviously been on here for a while. Why not name and shame.
06-13-2014, 06:09 AM
The reason is that they can ban the account in question while players warn each other by word-of-mouth. This has been effective in the past, and it's easier to warn players in-game as people play from the BEO site, kongregate and several more gaming sites. Another reason to do a warning in game is that the majority of players don't check the forums. If you looked at the member list, from a-z, you'd see that the majority of players are not forum active.

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]
06-13-2014, 06:33 AM
Hey 1337,

As previously said, you should be reporting this to staff personally rather than just sticking 'Mod / Admin' in the title.
Thanks for the report though, it's appreciated Smiley_Smile

There's no problem warning people really but try and keep it to just warning people about what's happening rather
than making an actual public report, the last thing we want is a witch hunt!

[Image: WJul7La.gif]