Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Grenades
11-08-2013, 09:25 AM
Grenades
I recently posted about this on another thread and I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere but I really miss how I used to be able to make a grenade explode in midair with a high looping shot. This used to be a great thing to fall back on in the old game when I was out of good straight line, long range weapons. I also used to enjoy taking out an opponent with just grenades as a challenge. Could the timer on grenades be reduced to allow for airbursts? There are times where you are behind a steep wall and have no good up and down weapons (if you know what I mean) and an airburst grenade was always my go to weapon in that situation. There was nowhere you couldn't reach on a map with a good shot with a grenade. Anyone else miss this?
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
11-09-2013, 12:12 PM
RE: Grenades
I wouldn't mind having this back either. It's especially helpful in games with wind.
11-10-2013, 01:44 PM
I think it was cool how that was possible in beo1. Although I'm a little confused, I've still been able to do it depending on the situation. Also, aren't both timers at 3 seconds(grenade on beo1&2)? What time do you suggest changing it to? In addition, do you guys think we should ask for nade mode back?

[Image: imageedit_24_8034754376_zps5llmzfdb.gif]
11-12-2013, 06:33 AM
I support this idea, as I have used nades frequently in BEO1 and consistently do 20 dmg airbursts when I can't hit with wind. The timer hasn't changed, but it's either the new physics of this game or the possibly changed gravity on the grenade, probably both.

11-13-2013, 02:09 AM
I also miss the old grenades and the nades only mode. Only nade's mode olny could return if the grenades get tweaked just like beo1, otherwise it would be umpossible to reach some places.
11-13-2013, 02:18 AM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2013 02:27 AM by Grim-Cat.)
Indeed, Rob and John. I highly suggest you to modify in some way the grenades, so it is possible to make it explode -before- it hits the ground and not after.
In context, throwing grenades -almost- randomly and just expecting it to fall into a hole to hit is really ''lame'' (I wouldn't dare to describe any aspect of your game as ''lame'', but I can't find any other word). It was better when you had to calculate the exploding time too.
The grenade used to be (maybe) the best weapon, always usable, including when an egg were standing on top of a hill, now you totally need the grenade to roll to hit.
Though I am not 100% aware of the new physics, I know the new grenades are kinda ''messed up''.
Also, the ''grenades only'' mode was really good, I vote yes for it to come back, it is in some ways necessary.

Oh, a quick add: How can I say now my super phrase ''There's no hide for the almighty grenade'', when there are actually a lot of hides? Smiley_Sad
11-13-2013, 11:58 AM
well at least will be nice have the option to turn granades into beo style
so u can in pro settings select beo or beo2 for granades

[Image: 2a5wymd.gif]