Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.5 Average
Obstacles (New Pro Options)
02-10-2014, 11:59 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2014 02:24 PM by epicgamer.)
Star Obstacles (New Pro Options)
First of all, I know that some of these may be suggested before, but I'm bringing them up because I personally love the ideas, but the rest were thought myself. These are new options for pros that, although may be a lot, is something that I think a lot of players, old and new, will enjoy. To prevent too much of a hassle when playing these options, only 3 of these options at a time (not including Birds) will be able to be chosen when you're making matches.

Birds (suggested by Cheatyface here):

Basically they would fly around the sky the whole match. I think that they would stray up and down while moving across. Maximum of birds that can be in one map is 3 and they would each have 30 health, so you can either aim away from the birds (but you would need to judge where the bird would be when you shoot) or just kill the birds. The wind can affect how they move, for example, if there's 80 power wind blowing <---- way, then if the bird was going ------->, it would move slower depending on the power (the higher the power, the slower it moves if moving opp. to the direction of the wind). But when it turns around <---- way, it would move much faster than its regular movement, so you also need to be wary of the wind as you're shooting.

Rain:

This is pretty straightforward, it would be raining the whole match...with some catches. If you're hanging off a steep cliff, such as this one, you would fall to the bottom immediately. Also, Fire Rocket, Poison Grenade, Triple X, Flamethrower, and Napalm Nade will have their damage reduced by 50% with this setting.

Lightning:

With this setting on, there is a 20% chance that lightning will strike the terrain, and if it hits an egg directly, it will do 30 damage. There can be up to 3 lightning strikes in one turn, after everyone shoots, but they will never hit the same place more than once a turn. It cannot go through terrain so people underground are safe. If the Rain option is enabled, then the chances of lightning occurring increase to 40%. It can hit birds as well and since they have 30 HP, they will be killed if they get struck by lightning.

Hail:

When this setting is on, all eggs will get injured by the hail by 5 dmg each turn. If you're under a platform, then the hail won't hit you.

Frozen Ground:

All eggs will have their movement speed decreased by 50%, but they will slide for some time after the A or D key is released. It freezes underground as well. If Fast Movement is enabled then they will slide even further for a longer period of time. Some parts can be melted with explosive weapons, but if it's hailing then the parts that were melted will freeze again. The Frozen Dynamite weapon would slide even further on frozen ground.

Tornado:

Every 5 turns (10 in 1v1s), a tornado will go across the map, doing 15 damage to all eggs on the field (will not hit the ones underground), as well as carrying and throwing them all in random places, like the Mass Teleport.

Earthquake:

Every 5 turns, an earthquake will take place, and reshape the terrain much like "Auto-Smooth" option for user-created maps in BEO1. None of the eggs will take any damage.

Drought:

An intense sun will shine on the field. It cannot be used with Frozen Ground or hail as it would melt the ice immediately. The Frozen Dynamite weapon will slide much less if this is enabled, and the freeze duration of 3 turns will reduce to just 1 turn. If possible, Napalm Nade and Flamethrower would have a bigger hitbox under this mode so that it would be more likely to hit. The dangerous part is that when you're trapped in a small confined space, such as a Dirt Ball, then you will suffocate within 2 turns, the turn before that will show the egg sweating excessively to indicate that the egg is getting hot. Suffocation damage will be 10 dmg each turn and will last someone saves you by shooting the dirt ball (or other confined space). Suffocation idea by rata, you can see his idea here.

More to come....if you have any questions feel free to post below.

Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
02-10-2014, 02:36 PM
RE: Obstacles (New Pro Options)
That would be niceSmiley_BigGrin
However I think that's too much for pro, though......

[Image: abhwdv.png]
02-10-2014, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2014 02:42 PM by Vexis.)
The only thing that I have a suggestion on, is the birds. I do not think that they should fly back and forth across the screen semi-randomly. If you are insinuating giving them 30 health, and that they can be killed and be considered an obstacle. Then why not have them fly in a circular motion, occupying a specific area decided by random on what area each game. I drew a mock up of what I mean, I did it in paint because I am not at home and don't have access to my programs. LoL, so don't judge me.

If you want to still have wind become a factor in their movements, then in that pre-specified area they could fly more erratic when wind is turned on.

*Example: Normally they circle the designated area. Wind- <30 — The birds would fly more towards the left hand quadrant

[Image: EggSample_zps77a31158.png]

Other than that I like the rest.

02-10-2014, 02:43 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2014 02:46 PM by epicgamer.)
(02-10-2014 02:36 PM)Leo Wrote:  That would be niceSmiley_BigGrin
However I think that's too much for pro, though......

That's the reason why people are attracted into buying pro, when they see all the exclusive content such as this here, they would really want to get it. The demand of it would go even higher, causing more people to buy pro. I understand your concern though, maybe it could be limited a bit...

(02-10-2014 02:41 PM)Vexis Wrote:  The only thing that I have a suggestion on, is the birds. I do not think that they should fly back and forth across the screen semi-randomly. If you are insinuating giving them 30 health, and that they can be killed and be considered an obstacle. Then why not have them fly in a circular motion, occupying a specific area decided by random on what area each game. I drew a mock up of what I mean, I did it in paint because I am not at home and don't have access to my programs. LoL, so don't judge me.

If you want to still have wind become a factor in their movements, then in that pre-specified area they could fly more erratic when wind is turned on.

*Example: Normally they circle the designated area. Wind- <30 — The birds would fly more towards the left hand quadrant

[Image: EggSample_zps77a31158.png]

Other than that I like the rest.

Hmm, I think this idea would be much better actually. Thanks very much for suggesting it Smiley_Smile

02-10-2014, 02:59 PM
How about paying more credits to buy that options??
One option per 30 credits.

[Image: abhwdv.png]
02-10-2014, 04:20 PM
nice idea. supported. and vex, lol. the eggs in your picture looks creepy Smiley_Wink
02-10-2014, 04:28 PM
Poker face eggs LOL.... I suppoort "birds idea"...dont make it look pervert now lol..

[Image: 2r7y0eu.jpg] [Image: 6dsa68.png]NOW ON CLASH OF CLANS! User: Regder - clan: Caos Land max th8+ only, clan war
02-10-2014, 05:16 PM
Thanks for sharing these ideas and describing them in great detail for us. I hope the Donkins have a look at this.
02-10-2014, 09:28 PM
I support this idea and you describe them well so well doneSmiley_Smile
02-11-2014, 01:11 AM
I support these ideas, just one thing.

Why reduce damage on triple-x and poison in rainmode?

“Only the dead have seen the end of war.” ― Plato