Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Lightning Gun: Overpowered? Your Thoughts
11-03-2013, 01:13 PM
Lightning Gun: Overpowered? Your Thoughts
Rather than putting this topic straight into the suggestions tab, I thought I'd see how the community felt about the usage of the lightning gun.

I like the idea of the linear AoE weapon, but it seems that the primary usage of the lightning gun has been to decimate a single opponent by aiming straight down at the ground.

Below are two screenshots, A. on the top and B. on the bottom

[Image: 2qsqd1j.jpg]

[Image: 35ankb4.jpg]

Using the lightning gun as shown in B. seems to be a little overpowered. It deals 60 damage to every egg in the immediate area, without damaging the user. Essentially, it is a more powerful version of the dynamite from BEO1.

Do you think that having a melee weapon that deals 60 damage points to every egg in a small radius should be in the live version?

Considering the intention was to deal 15 points of damage in a linear fashion, my suggestion would be to allow this technique to remain, but not allow the damage to exceed the intended 15 points of damage per egg hit.

[Image: 2n6fac4.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
11-03-2013, 01:45 PM
RE: Lightning Gun: Overpowered? Your Thoughts
it takes 60. I think they should make it 35 or 40. and make the wringling back to 60.
11-03-2013, 02:08 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2013 02:09 PM by Goodkid.)
The problem here is, the Lightning Gun does 3 damage in small segments along the line it shoots out. When used how it was intended, an egg takes damage from 5 of the segments along the line, equating to -15 health.

However, when all of those segments are forced to pile up in one spot, (i.e. when the gun is fired straight down at the bottom of the map) all of the segments of 3 each are added up to equal -60 health.

What Rob should really do is simply change it so that you damage yourself as well as the person you are on top of.
Just my input. Smiley_Smile

"Inside this shell there's a prison cell." -Jon Foreman
11-03-2013, 03:16 PM
lightning gun its bad . all ppl make other players to come down and use that gun downward to make 60 damage

KABHI KABHI JEETNE KE LIYE KUCH HARNA PADHTA HAI AUR HARKAR JEETNE WALE KO BAZIGAR KEHTE HAI
11-03-2013, 03:19 PM
how is the lightning gun bad if it takes 60 damage.
11-03-2013, 03:51 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2013 04:00 PM by Venom.)
it is "bad" in that it is overpowered when used in the way I described (pointing the gun straight down, dealing 60 damage points to the enemy and those surrounding him)

The whirligig dealing 60 potential damage points was easier to justify, since you had to be accurate in order to make it work....simply walking up to someone and pointing downward is a little ridiculous.

[Image: 2n6fac4.jpg]
11-03-2013, 04:25 PM
its a on other hand a kind of hiding also right Smiley_Smile

KABHI KABHI JEETNE KE LIYE KUCH HARNA PADHTA HAI AUR HARKAR JEETNE WALE KO BAZIGAR KEHTE HAI
11-04-2013, 12:49 AM
Maybe hard to use, but İts overpowerd

[Image: Rt0F8O4.gif]
11-04-2013, 02:58 AM
I think you guys are forgetting that the weapon is only "overpowered" under one circumstance, and that is on flat ground. It is hard for people to stay on flat ground because of the new physics of this game and the jumping feature, unless the map was mostly flat initially. Otherwise, the gun is only used if you need to burrow through the map to get to your opponent and maybe do ~15 damage in the process. So it isn't really overpowered, 80% of the time if you or the opponent knows what he/she is doing, they would not take 60 damage by the weapon.

11-04-2013, 04:17 AM
(11-04-2013 02:58 AM)epicgamer Wrote:  I think you guys are forgetting that the weapon is only "overpowered" under one circumstance, and that is on flat ground. It is hard for people to stay on flat ground because of the new physics of this game and the jumping feature, unless the map was mostly flat initially. Otherwise, the gun is only used if you need to burrow through the map to get to your opponent and maybe do ~15 damage in the process. So it isn't really overpowered, 80% of the time if you or the opponent knows what he/she is doing, they would not take 60 damage by the weapon.

I agree with you in one sense Epicgamer, however using the lightning gun it is very easy to take a person down to the flat ground level and not allowing them to exit the hole you have put them in as it is too deep. Then you may have 2 more lightning guns dealing a total of -120 damage to use on them subsequently.